The @Mathematical and Theoretical Biology Group at BCAM is hiring promising researchers!!! 2 positions to be filled.
Please see information below:
- 1+ 1 years Postdoctoral Researcher on "Modeling spatial dynamics of disease spreading". Within the BMTF project, the research project will be focused on the development of spatio-temporal models variations on infectious diseases transmission and control and its impact on the Basque surveillance system; Modeling different social contact structures to understand disease spreading; Modeling the role of social behavioral changes, lock downs and other control measures affecting the dynamics of seasonal respiratory disease.
Applicants must have a relevant curriculum in the scientific area of biomathematics applied to infectious disease, stochastic processes and network theory. We look for applicants with PhD degree in applied mathematics, mathematical biology, physics or related disciplines on quantitative life sciences field.
Deadline: September 15th 2022, 14:00 CET (UTC+1) .
- 1 year Research Technician position to work on "Modeling infectious disease dynamics"
We seek promising young researchers, eventually interested to develop a PhD project on infectious disease dynamics.
Note that a PhD position is to be financed by a national or international call. Candidates must apply for the PhD grant individually, with the support of the host institution and supervisor.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Strong background in statistics
• Information Technology Background
• Knowledge of bio-statistics and experience in advanced programming are essential.
Applicants must have their Bachelor’s or Master degree preferable in computer science, mathematics or quantitative life sciences field.
Copyright © 2023 ESMTB - European Society for Mathematical and Theoretical Biology. All Rights Reserved