- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biomathematics at the Mathematical and Theoretical Biology Group.
Pl in charge: Dr. Maíra Aguiar (MTB Research Line Leader–Ikerbasque Researcher)
Salary and conditions: The gross annual salary of the Postdoctoral Fellowship will be 28.000€–32.000 €. Note it will then be on your own responsibility to make your yearly income declaration at the Bizkaia Treasury Agency.There is a moving allowance for those researchers that come from a research institutionoutside the Basque Country up to EUR 2.000 €gross.Free access to the Public Health System in Spain is provided to all employees
Contract and offer: 2-year contract.
Deadline: July13th2020, 14:00 CET (UTC+1)
How to apply: Applications must be submitted on-line at:
SCIENTIFIC PROFILE REQUESTED
Requirements: We seek a highly motivated and skilled person, ableto work effectively as part of a team.
- Applicants must have their PhD completed beforethe contract starts.
- PhD degree inappliedmathematics,mathematicalbiology,physicsorrelateddisciplines.
Skills and track-record:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate and present research ideas to researchers with different background and general public
.•Ability to clearly present and publish research outcomes in spoken (talks) and written (papers) form.
- Programming in LaTeX.
- Programming in C, MatLab or R
- Ability to organize scientific events (workshops, seminars, etc.).
The preferred candidate willhave:
- research experience and interest in mathematical modeling of infectious diseases and population biology, dynamical systems theory, non-linear dynamics, stochastic processes, complex systems and computer programming.
- Experience in interdisciplinary research, formulation and analysis of mathematical/computational models.
- knowledge of bio-statistics andexperience in advanced programming are advantage.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Formal requirements: The selected candidate must have applied before the application deadline online at the webpage
The candidates that do not fulfil the mandatory requirements will not be evaluated with respect to their scientific profile.
Application: Required documents:
§Letter of interest
§2 letters of recommendation
§statement of past and proposed future research (2-4pages)
Evaluation: The evaluation committee will evaluate each application qualitatively:-Competence of the postdoctoral researcher: the experience of the applicant and the capacity of the applicant to carry out the proposed project; the main results achieved (papers, proceedings, etc.) and the recommendation letters.-Scientific quality and innovativeness of the planned research project: novelty of the project and the potential for the creation of new knowledge, taking in account the alignment of these items to the topic offered.
Incorporation: From October 1st2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.The BCAM postdoctoral contract will start when the selected candidate has finished the PhD, i.e. after dissertation defence.