In the framework of the interdisciplinary research project IA4stresslife, funded by Agrosup Dijon, a three years PhD position is open. This project aims to introduce artificial intelligence approaches in food engineering processes. The PhD project will focus on controlling a production line, of living cells submitted to a stress, through microscopic imaging and data assimilation/modelling/control of the line.
The PhD candidate will be part of the PAM laboratory, Food and Wine Science & Technology (joint between AgroSup Dijon and university of Bourgogne https://www.umr-pam.fr/fr/equipes-de-umr-pam/pmb.html), Microbiological and Biotechnological Processes team. This position is jointly funded by AgroSup Dijon and the French food and agriculture Ministry. The starting date is as soon as possible.
Expected qualifications of the successful candidate:
- master or similar degree in applied mathematics / stochastic modelling / statistics / data science / machine learning / artificial intelligence.
- interest in interdisciplinary projects,
- strong knowledge of programming languages R / Python, or similar.
- good communication skills (oral and written)
- A good knowledge of scientific English.
Deadline for application: 10.10.21.
There will be a short list of applications selected for interviews (in a remote way).
To apply, send an email to the contact, before 10.10.21, (early applications are encouraged) with the following documents:
- Fully detailed CV
- Identity document
- Proof of master
- Details of the subjects studied in the master with associated grades
- Names of at least two contacts available for recommendation
- If available, the master’s report would be highly appreciated
If you have any further questions regarding this vacancy, feel free to reach out to
Pierre-Yves LOUIS by email at pierre-yves.louis *AT* agrosupdijon.fr
Please feel free to advertise this opening further and bring it to the attention of potentially interested candidates.
- Pierre-Yves LOUIS pierre-yves.louis *AT* math.cnrs.fr ;pierre-yves.louis *AT* agrosupdijon.fr
laboratoire Procédés alimentaires et microbiologiques de Dijon, AgroSup Dijon
et Institut de Mathématiques de Dijon
- Laurence DUJOURDY laurence.dujourdy *AT* agrosupdijon.fr
Service d’Appui à la recherche en science des données, AgroSup Dijon
- Ludovic JOURNAUX ludovic.journaux *AT* agrosupdijon.fr
Laboratoire informatique de Bourgogne et AgroSup Dijon
Copyright © 2019 ESMTB - European Society for Mathematical and Theoretical Biology. All Rights Reserved